Simple to make, tasty and a great way to get rid of those overripe bananas you haven’t had a chance to eat yet.
Decided to try the legendary Mary Berry’s recipe with our own added touch of cinnamon and mixed spice.
its a great recipe, even a novice baker can do it! Honestly, give it a go.
Ingredients all in and bake for 45-50mins at gas mark 160/180C depending on your oven). Then you are banana bread a go go!
Thank you Mary 👍🏽
Mary Berry’s Banana Loaf (Taken from Mary Berry’s Baking Bible)
100g Softened Butter
175g Caster Sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 Ripe Bananas (mashed)
225g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tbsp. Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / Fan 160C / Gas 4.
2. Lightly grease a 2lb loaf tin, then line the base and sides with baking parchment
3. Measure all ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat for about 2 minutes, until well blended
4. Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the surface
5. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 1 hour, until well risen and golden brown. A fine skewer inserted in the centre should come out clean if the loaf is ready.
6. Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out, peel of the parchment and finish cooling on a wire rack.
happy baking x